Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Goose in the Rain

After first seeing the Tundra Bean Goose at Sekino-E on October 23, I revisit the place again on the following morning. Although the bird was still staying at the same place (and with the same Mallard), I didn't get any better photo because of the rain. It started to pour down as I was approaching the area and fell heavier as I was photographing the goose. Well, although the pics aren't looking any better than in the previous post, they somehow look a bit more artistic because of the rain.


Tundra Bean Goose (Anser fabalis serrirostris)

With the same male Mallard
A very poor flight shot just to prove that the bird is actually wild
While taking photos of the goose, several wagtails came walking very close to me. Too bad it was really dark and the speed shutter I got was very low. I tried my best and finally managed to get some acceptable shots of the Grey Wagtail which came closest. Japanese Wagtails were quite numerous and the number of White Wagtail seemed to start falling.

Non-breeding Grey Wagtail (Motacilla cinerea)

2 comments:

Ari said...

Your pics not only look artistic they are lovely especially with those rain drops on the Goose's back..

Phil Slade said...

Great pictures A considering the rain that slowed the shutter, but the pics turned out great. I was thinking of asking whether the goose could be an escaped bird or something because it appears so confiding and hanging about with Mallards? But with you on the spot I guess you can be sure it's not.