Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Better Memories

It was late in the year, October 14, when we were entertained by this pair of Brown Boobook (Ninox scutulata) at the front gate of Chiang Mai University in Thailand, can't believe the moment has past for over 2 years. There were many of us, chattering, eating and walking around under the two big trees where the pair of this cute bird usually come to perch at night. Not so long when a large shadow hawked by in midair, as if to awaken up the crowd. There they are! perching nicely on an exposed branch. The birds came to the front gate every night looking for their favourite horned beetles which are usually abundant during that time of year. It is very much enjoyable doing bird photography at night. It's totally a work of cooperation. These photos won't be able to happen if there was no help from all my companions. It was one of the better memories that had left with me before coming to Japan. Surfing through all these old photos somehow stirs up a strong scent of nostalgia.

ps. I've been thinking of changing the blog's template for quite a while now and this is what it looks like. Also I have become too lazy to upload all the pics into my flickr page then link them into this blog, so I think I'll just start uploading the pics directly into this blogspot website so I don't have to waste my time on double uploading.
Just a slightly different angle of flash can make the bird's eye gone red!

4 comments:

Stuart Price said...

I like the new blog template.

Nice Owl pics too!

When are you coming up to Hokkaido?

Ayuwat Jearwattanakanok said...

Glad you like it!
I'm going to Hokkaido in late February for about a week.
Hope the weather will be fine...

Russell Jenkins said...

Wonderful Boobook photos. Beautiful little owls very similiar to the Australian Boobooks. The template does look cool too. Also, I was planning for a long time to go to Hokkaido in February 2010 but have now cancelled the plan.

Ayuwat Jearwattanakanok said...

Hi Russell,
I looked up for photos of the Australian Boobook in the internet and I have to say that it looks better than this Brown one. Glad you like the template too. Have you come back from Australia?