Monday, November 23, 2009

Finally got an adult Night-Heron

Yes, they are very common but I haven't got any good chance to get some photos of the adult Black-crowned Night-Heron (Nycticorax nycticorax) before. Let's not talk about the juveniles, since I've taken lots and lots of their photos already, even since before coming to Japan. Today, finally, I caught a single adult night-heron perching in a thick bush near the river bank just a few meters away from me. At first I thought it might have flushed away but it surprisingly didn't. I later noticed that its left wing is actually broken, so that should be the reason why. However, it later climbed down to the thicker area, left me with these few pleasing shots.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

just a quick stopping by ka, it's been a while and there have been a lot of updates around here.

Honestly, this one looks rather scary to me, OMD the eyes, so red and swollen !!

ps your photos are so real & cool as always :)

Unknown said...

^
^

"Oh My God" I meant to say (OMG)

Stuart Price said...

Nice clear shots, shame they tend to always hide behind branches......