Monday, August 1, 2011

Still Green

So yesterday I went to Shiraki again to look for the pigeons. This time I brought a hide with me. As soon as I arrived, I was a bit surprised to see someone snorkeling around the area where the birds normally come down to perch. After setting up a hide, the birds came circling above and suddenly landed down just about 10 metres away. The hide was so affective. The birds didn't seem scared of it at all, and I was so happy to be able to photograph them at a close range. I quickly grabbed as many shots as possible before the same juvenile Peregrine Falcon came dashing down and chased away the pigeons. There were several difficulties but I was quite satisfied with the result. I can still come to this place again as many times as I want when I get back to Japan again in October. More photos and story will be coming soon.

2 comments:

Stuart Price said...

Looking forward to those new photos...........

Nobody would snorkel on the beach near Hakodate where these birds come, trust me!

Ayuwat Jearwattanakanok said...

I think the person who was snorkelling was some kind of a researcher. I saw him collecting things into the boxes. The place where these pigeons are is also not a place where people would normally go. It's 10+ metres below the highway and the only way to go down is by a weak ladder made by a homeless living down there...