Friday, December 17, 2010

Common Teals

Christmas is coming and I better post the photos I've taken during the last few weeks. I actually didn't go out as often as the last few months, but I still tried to visit Sekino-E at least once a week. Nothing special actually, the Bean Geese are still around as usual and I also met a birder from Oita coming to take photos of the geese as well. Common Teals are still around in good number. When there's nothing else for me to do, I often sit and take photos of the them. The number of the beautiful males seemed to increase, and in a few weeks, they should be starting the group display. Next Thursday will be the beginning of my Christmas-New Year vacation. There are lots of places that I want to explore, and I'll definitely go to Onozuru to photograph the Baikal Teal again. Hope I'll get some better shots.


Common Teal (Anas crecca)

I always love the evening light of winter!


Here's a group from Furui-chi area, about 5 females with just 1 male.

2 comments:

Russell Jenkins said...

Some great exposures here. You really picked up the green on the males. Especially the first shot. -It's a real beauty.

Phil Slade said...

Russell is right. You really got right down to eye level and captured light in the eye of the male, together with the green colouration of the head.