Saturday, March 27, 2010

What Turquoise Looks Like






Just came back from a wonderful trip to the southern part of Thailand with my family. We went to Phuket, one of Thailand's top tourism spots. Not so many stories to write about actually. We just went there to be relaxed, to talk, to eat and to sleep. Such a great time to escape from the smoggy Chiang Mai to the blue sky and deep turquoise sea. We went out to Raya Island once to scuba dive and I had so much fun. Too bad I don't have a camera which can take photos underwater. Along the way I saw lots of frigatebirds circling up in the clear sky. One of them came down close enough for me to see that it's a female Lesser Frigatebird, which is the most common frigatebird species here in Phuket. The islands around Phuket, Krabi and Phang Nga are famous for being the main roosting sites for the frigatebirds. Shame that I couldn't take any photos of them, since I was still on the speed boat. I'll put more photos later in other entries.

2 comments:

Phil Slade said...

That looks a great place for a holiday - pity me in old,cold UK. Look forward to seeing the birds of your trip

Stuart Price said...

Wow, looks great. I've been to southern Thailand twice, lots of lounging around and eating and drinking and yes the sea is a very very nice colour too.........