Saturday, January 9, 2010

Landscape & BIF Photography

These photos were taken along the way back from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai. We decided to use an alternative, the Wieng Pa Pao - Phrao road, instead of driving in the normal route. The scenery along the way was spectacular. It's the first time for me to use this route and I was so impressed with the view of sunset and Doi Chiang Dao, the 3rd highest mountain in Thailand which can be seen distantly in the picture above. Along the way we found a large flock of Crested Treeswift (Hemiprocne coronata) swifting together against the deep blue winter sky. I think we've spent like one hour just trying to get thier flight shots without success. Anyway, here's what I got. Enjoy!
The forest along the way was surprisingly beautiful. We even found a flock of Small and Rosy Minivets!

And the Crested Treeswift flight shots; I swear I tried so hard.
Male birds with rufous cheeks.

Fork-tailed Swifts also joined the group.

Dr. Mong

The sacred, 3rd highest mountain of the country, Doi (Luang) Chiang Dao

A very playful horizon of limestone mountains

2 comments:

Russell Jenkins said...

Lovely sharp photography and superb colours. I love the skies. The BIF shots are also excellent!

Ayuwat Jearwattanakanok said...

Thanks Russell!
I guess photoshop has helped me a lot on the BIF hehehe