Saturday, January 23, 2010

Haven't Been Here

I don't know why I didn't put these photos of the Common Teals from Sekino-e into this blog. May be I just simply forgot. These shots were taken just after a trip to Ariake Sea in Saga during Christmas. I was quite pleased with these photos and some of them simply became my favorites. The light was just brilliant and I was happy to see how these ducks were becoming tamer each time I visit the place. I also found a single male Greater Painted-Snipe (Rostratula benghalensis) flying across the lotus field near by and a juvenile Eurasian Sparrowhawk (Accipiter nisus) perching on a tree next to the road on the same visit. The farmer who was always working in the field next to where I photographed the ducks came and talked to me and luckily he was so kind and didn't mind me photographing the birds in his place at all unlike the guy in the opposite side of the field where I photographed the painted-snipes last year, that guy talked to me like sh*t. It feels nice to finally make friend with a local at the birding spot.
This photo is my favorite!

And yes they're still displaying

No comments: