Monday, January 11, 2010

Flash Photography

I hadn't used my flash for quite a long time. The reason is easy, I normally don't like photos with flash. I see this Zebra Dove (Geopelia striata) in my garden everyday during my stay in Thailand. I thought it would be more fun if I just make things a bit more complicated, so I put on my extensional flash and tried photograph the bird in different angles. It was quite interesting how flash photography can create something we can't really see in natural light like the above image which I used flash and high speed shutter to create the blackish background. We often see this kind of image in flower photography, especially orchids, but I think it makes the bird looks lifeless. This bird was surprisingly tame and didn't seem to feel uncomfortable at all even though I was less than a meter away from him.

No comments: